A healthy energy management system in an organization can be ensured by achieving ISO 50001 certification. It helps in reducing energy consumption, environmental impact, as well as increasing profitability.
What is ISO 50001:2018 Standard?
ISO 50001 certification provides a framework for establishing and maintaining an energy management system in an organization. This, apart from improving the energy efficiency in an organization, also acts as a great return on investments by them. This standard helps the organization to establish such processes that improves the energy performance by optimizing energy efficiency and consumption.
ISO 50001:2018 is an international standard published by the international organization for standardization (ISO). It follows the same high-level structure (HLS) as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 which facilitates the integration of all the standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and so on. This makes it easier for synchronization and functioning of different management systems.
As the name suggests, this standard was published in 2018 and the organizations were given three years for transition to the new standard. However, this date has been extended due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Benefits of ISO 50001:
The benefits of acquiring this internationally recognized standard are innumerous for an organization. Let us have a look at some of the benefits of ISO 50001:
- Reduction in energy use up to 10% within the first year of implementation.
- limitation in carbon footprint and reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Internationally recognized and the most preferred standard.
- It enables compliance with the regulatory requirements for achieving energy efficiency targets.
- it boosts your corporate image and proves your credibility among customers, clients, and stakeholders.
- it enables transparency in decision-making processes at all levels, from system design to operation and maintenance.
- It increases the awareness among staffs about the efficient use of energy.
- It enhances the efficiency in operation and maintenance of the energy management system.
ISO 50001 Accreditation:
A certification body is eligible to award ISO 50001 certification, only when it is accredited with ISO 17021. SIS Certifications holes this accreditation, which makes it eligible to audit your management systems and award the ISO 50001 certification after successful completion of the audit. We are audited annually by our accreditation bodies to ensure our clients that our services meet the requirements of the relevant accreditation standards.
What is the aim of ISO 50001?
- Provide assistance to organizations for improving their energy efficiency, energy usage, and consumption.
- Make the system more transparent and facilitate communication at all levels for better management.
- Promote the best practices for energy management.
- Assist in implementation of the new energy-efficient standards.
- Sets out the framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Facilitate the reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by improving the energy management systems.
- Facilitate the integration with other management systems, such as QMS, EMS, and OHSMS.
Why should you certify your energy management system to ISO 50001?
Certifying to ISO 50001 for your energy management systems has enormous benefits for your organization. A certificate is a proof that your organization has systematically and strategically implemented all the practices that leads to a reduced carbon footprint. It also showcases your commitment to the environmental management.
Let’s see how the certification is helpful:
- Improved energy performance by increasing energy efficiency and limiting energy consumption.
- It reduces the adverse impact on environment by reducing the greenhouse gas emissions. This is done without affecting the general operations of the organization.
- It enables the continual improvement of energy management systems.
- It facilitates the measurement, monitoring, documentation, reporting, and benchmarking of energy consumption.
- It communicates to the market about your efforts in energy performance.
How can we help you?
SIS Certifications has a reputation for being one of the best in the world. We provide relevant training and certification services for your energy management system worldwide. Our vast pool of auditors is recognized for their expertise in comprehensively auditing the compliance of your management systems against the required standards and awarding you with the certifications at the end. The smoothness in the process, our integrity, and our commitment to deadlines make us stand apart from other certification bodies.