Ever since the rise of digitalization, information is increasingly being stored in soft form. This had made them susceptible to cyber-attacks, casing huge number of losses to individuals and organizations alike. With the help of Information Security Management System, your organization can efficiently eliminate or reduce the risk of security breach, thereby preventing the associated legal or business continuity challenges.
An effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) can be established through the framework of ISO 27001 Certification that provides for policies and procedures helpful for keeping your information safe, irrespective of the format.
Information breach causes devastating losses to a company’s business. Through ISO 27001 Certification, you can maintain records and documents of your system’s performance review them on timely manner and identify and prevent any risk to your management system.
What does ISO 27001 Certification mean for your Business?
ISO 27001 certification helps the organizations in following ways:
- Prevent unauthorized access of your information
- Ensures the accuracy of information, that can be modified only by authorized user
- Risk assessment helps in preventing and mitigating it.
- The independent assessment against the international standard demonstrates that your organization has followed the international best practices.
ISO 27001 Certification is a demonstration of your abilities in identifying the risks, assessing the implications and placing systemized controls for limiting any damage to the organization.
Other benefits are:
- Improved reliability and security of information
- Enhanced confidence among customers and business partners
- Makes your business more resilient
- Aims at meeting customer requirements
- Improved management processes and integration with strategies related to corporate risk
ISO 27001 Certification is not a guarantee against the incidences of breaches, with the help of a robust ISMS, your organization is placed at a better position in preventing and mitigating such risks.
What is the certification process?
Some of the stages you will need to go through to protect your business and achieve ISO 27001 include:
- Assessment of potential risks to your business and identification of vulnerable areas.
- The coverage of the entire organization by the management system helps in monitoring the information and its usage
- Establish a process to manage current and future information security policy.
- Creating awareness among employees and third-party contractors regarding the risks and reporting of the incidences.
- Monitoring system activities and registering user activities.
- Keeping IT systems updated with the latest protection.
- System access control.
If you want to learn more about the certification process, feel free to get in touch with SIS Certifications. We have a reputation for being one of the best in the world. Our vast pool of auditors is recognized for their expertise in comprehensively auditing the compliance of your management systems against the required standards and awarding you with the certifications at the end. The smoothness in the process, our integrity, and our commitment to deadlines make us stand apart from other certification bodies.
Here is a Short Video about what we are and what our services are all about SIS Certifications.